environmental arts | inspired by nature | looking closer | responding to heritage
photography | recycled materials | felt-making | textile arts | experimental drawing | 3D
2019-ongoing: Co-founder. Artist Educator Social Network
2018-ongoing: Associate Tutor/Artist. Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts at University of East Anglia
2017-ongoing: Chair. Waveney & Blyth Arts
2011-ongoing: Freelance community arts and arts project development
2017-2018: Youth Engagement Officer. Time & Tide Museum Great Yarmouth, Norfolk County Council
2008-2011: BA hons Photographic Arts. University of Westminster
Genevieve has led and organised community arts projects since 2011, and is based in the Great Yarmouth area of Norfolk, UK. She has developed projects with people in care homes, museums, galleries, libraries, youth clubs, schools, community festivals and in outdoor public spaces. In particular, Genevieve’s projects consider heritage, cultural and environmental themes. They encourage closer looking, enquiry through making and ask about the places and people around us.
Informed by her training in art photography, in Genevieve’s own arts practice, she uses multidisciplinary techniques including hand-sewing and cyanotype, an early photography technique. Her inspiration is drawn from the natural world through exploring botanical forms, working directly with plants, or utilising recycled and natural materials. Within this, she considers themes of time, place and seasonality.
As part of her continuing professional development, Genevieve regularly attends conferences, CPD and training to develop her arts practice and community engagement skills. This has previously included:
- Printmaking (6 weeks). Kensington and Chelsea College, London
- Drawing (8 weeks). Slade School of Fine Art, London
- Behaviour management in youth arts (intermediate). Artswork, London
- Bronze & Silver Arts Award advisor training
- Take One CPD (adapted from National Gallery’s Take One Picture teacher training)
- Reminiscence Arts in Dementia Care (2 day). European Reminiscence Network, London
- Emerging Leaders (5 day residential). The Clore Leadership Programme, Oxfordshire
- Beach School Practitioner (1 day). East Coast College, Norfolk
- Outdoor & Wild Country First Aid
Genevieve is a member of AccessArt, Engage – National Association for Gallery Education and Artists’ Union England, she holds up-to-date Public and Products Liability Insurance and has recent DBS checks.