I work as an Associate Tutor at University of East Anglia’s Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, a university museum and gallery in Norwich. I run artist-led tours, gallery based making sessions and studio arts workshops with visiting families, schools, colleges and youth groups. In addition, I have led sessions as part of teacher’s INSET.
Previous sessions I have developed and led include:
- Printmaking session exploring Kandinsky with 24 Year 2 & 3 pupils, in which the children made printed art whilst listening to concert music which inspired his work by Schoenberg
- Drawing outdoors inspired by Lynn Chadwick sculptures on loan with 70 Year 7 & 11 students on a summer residential with their school
- Children’s half-term art days for 5-8 and 8-12 year olds, looking at the sculptures of Elisabeth Frink and creating wire, clay and found object forms and creative drawing exercises
- Drawing in the Elisabeth Frink exhibition gallery with 90 Year 9 students in groups to create composite mythical creatures
- Working with a small group of Year 9 students on a UEA Outreach Summer School residential to create drawn booklets of the patterns and textures found in the Living Gallery collections