Genevieve Rudd has worked as a freelance Community Artist since 2011 and is based in the Great Yarmouth area of Norfolk.
- 2020- : Arts Practitioner representative, Norfolk Arts Forum Executive Committee, Norfolk County Council
- 2019- : Co-founder, Artist Educator Social Network
- 2018- : Associate Artist/Tutor, Sainsbury Centre of Visual Arts, University of East Anglia
- 2011- : Freelance Community Artist
- 2019-20: Chair/Programme Coordinator, Waveney & Blyth Arts
- 2017-18: Youth Engagement Officer (maternity cover/job share), Time & Tide Museum, Norfolk County Council
Genevieve has developed projects with people in care homes, museums, galleries, libraries, youth clubs, schools, community festivals and in outdoor public spaces. In particular, Genevieve’s projects consider heritage, cultural and environmental themes. They encourage closer looking, enquiry through making and ask about the places and people around us.
Informed by her training in art photography, in Genevieve’s own arts practice, she uses multidisciplinary techniques, including textile arts, drawing and early photography techniques, such as Cyanotype and Anthotype. Her inspiration is drawn from the natural world through exploring botanical forms, working directly with plants or the weather, or utilising recycled and natural materials. Within this, she considers themes of time, place and seasonality.
As part of her continuing professional development, Genevieve regularly attends conferences, CPD and training to develop her arts practice and community engagement skills. She has Bronze & Silver Arts Award Advisor training status. In 2019, she co-founded Artist Educator Social Network a peer-led network for artists working with people in Norfolk, Suffolk and wider East Anglia.
Genevieve is a professional member of AccessArt, Artists’ Union England, Artworks Alliance, ClimateCultures, Climate Museum UK (Associate member) and GEM Group for Education in Museums. She holds up-to-date Public and Products Liability Insurance, safeguarding training and recent DBS checks.
During her career, Genevieve has been awarded funding from the following grant bodies: