The Artist Educator Social Network (AESN) was founded in 2019 by Genevieve Rudd and Kaitlin Ferguson. AESN is open to freelance artist/educators, facilitators, project managers and those who are involved in creative arts projects with people. This work might take place in schools, galleries, museums or other community settings. We are based in Norfolk and are open to practitioners in the East Anglian region.
The aim of the Network is to share experiences and best practice, develop skills, connect with local practitioners, share opportunities and contribute to a growing supportive network.
AESN has bi-monthly facilitated and themed meetings, with informal catch-up meetings for members in-between.
Latest meeting dates
- Monday 4th November, 6-8pm at Print to the People, 53-55 Pitt Street, Norwich, NR3 1DE – initial meeting, introduction, gathering ideas
- Monday 13th January 2020, 6-8pm at Artpocket, Second Floor, Lion House, Muspole Street, Norwich, NR3 1DD – creative activity & ‘protecting yourself’
- Monday 3rd March 2020, 6-8pm at Norwich Millennium Library (Vernon Castle Room)
- Please note: due to COVID-19, meetings are now being held digitally for the foreseeable. Sign up to the emails for updates on future meetings
- Monday 18th May, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 6th July, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 14th September, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 2nd November, 6-8pm via Zoom
We’ve put together a one year survey to members. Complete the form by 30th September 2020 to share your reflections and ideas to develop the second year of AESN.