The Artist Educator Social Network (AESN) was founded in 2019 by Genevieve Rudd and Kaitlin Ferguson. AESN is open to freelance artist/educators, facilitators, project managers and those who are involved in creative arts projects with people. This work might take place in schools, galleries, museums or other community settings. We are based in Norfolk and are open to practitioners across East Anglia.
The aim of the Network is to share experiences and best practice, develop skills, connect with local practitioners, share opportunities and contribute to a growing supportive network. AESN has bi-monthly facilitated and themed meetings, with informal catch-up meetings for members in-between.
Join the Facebook group to keep connected with the latest conversation, opportunities and access peer support: Artist Educator Social Network – Norfolk
2020 First Year Survey
AESN celebrated its first year of operation in November 2020. With support from Fraser Wilson at Festival Bridge, a survey was produced to gather responses, feedback and comments from members to inform how the next year will happen.
Latest meeting dates
- Monday 4th November, 6-8pm at Print to the People, 53-55 Pitt Street, Norwich, NR3 1DE – initial meeting, introduction, gathering ideas
- Monday 13th January, 6-8pm at Artpocket, Second Floor, Lion House, Muspole Street, Norwich, NR3 1DD – creative activity & ‘protecting yourself’
- Monday 3rd March, 6-8pm at Norwich Millennium Library (Vernon Castle Room)
- Please note: due to COVID-19, meetings are now being held digitally for the foreseeable. Sign up to the emails for updates on future meetings
- Monday 18th May, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 6th July, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 14th September, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 2nd November, 6-8pm via Zoom
- Monday 21st December, 6-7:30pm via Zoom – AESN Christmas Social
- Monday 20th January, 6-8pm via Zoom – with Dr Susan Jones
- Monday 15th March, 6-8pm via Zoom – with Norfolk Threads
- Tuesday 4th May, 6-8pm via Zoom – with Rosy Prue
We send out an email every month as a reminder of the upcoming meeting or as a overview of ideas, resources or conversation shared at the previous meeting.